Wednesday 7 October 2009

The Pope's Tour

Deer GeRRy,
I suppose like me, you are in a tizz trying to get tickets for the Pope's Irish tour.
I respect you and the wee boy wool be in the front row. Wearing Matt Talbot's tee-shirts and yelling with religious gusto. "Viva la Pappa".
This visit by the Pope is histornic. This thyme the Pope is going too Armagh. I respect the Pope wool be taken to some of Armagh's better known apple orchards. And I wood knot be surprised if the Pontiff payed a surprise vist to the grave of Tommy Mackem.
The only throuble wool be in keeping that wee gulpin Bono off the stage. If that wee nuck tries to up-stage the Pope, he wool have Rosie Ryan to condend with.
I wonder what the Pope's message wool be too the people of Ireland?. Probably the religious equivelent of, "Keep her lit".
My Sun Bon Jovi is up two hi-dow. If the cub gets a chance, he wool ask Herr Benedict how many boats and ships are on the holy see. The cub is know dumplin' Gerry. He has been thinking long and hard about Papal things. Bon Jovi is expecting the Pope to bring the Papal bull with him. The bull could quietly graze as the Pope gives his sermon.
The people of Clougher are hiring buses left, right and centre. This could be bigger than the Sonday Micky Bradley lifted the Sam Maguire.
Lets hope it is knot spoiled bye religious head the balls yelling. "Babbylon and Go back home where you belong".
This Papal visit wool be a grate chance for the people of Ireland to nock depravity and debauchery on the head. We must return to the land of saints and scholars. And knot be known world wide as the land of sharks and sinners.
Maybe we could travel too Armagh together Gerry. You, me, Bon Jovi and the wee boy. If you bring a big bottle of cold tay, I wool provide a brown paper parcel of meet paste sandwitches. And on the way back we could sing him's. Spiritually renewed we could throw back us heads and sing to the Lord.
"I'm gonna lay down by burden. (WAY DOWN) Down by the riverside. Down by the riverside. "I'm gonna lay down my burden (WAY DOWN) Down by the riverside. Down by the riverside.
Hal-A-Loo-YaH! I see's the lite!.

No comments: